Registration: There are three convenient ways to register: In Person, By Mail and Online.
Packet Pickup: Friday, August 17th, 12:00 Noon -5:30 p.m. at South Park in downtown Waupaca WI.
Amenities: Each competitor will receive a drawstring backpack. Post race food & drink.
Awards: Awards given to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place boys and girls in age divisions, 4, 5-6, 7-8 & 9-10. All participants finishing the race receive a participation ribbon.
Age 4-6: 50 ft. swim; .6 mile bike, .15 mile run
Age 7-8: 100 ft. swim; 1 mile bike; .3 mile run
Age 9-10: 200 ft. swim; 1 mile bike; .3 mile run.
Age 9-10 SWIM: 200 yard swim; 1 mile bike; .3 mile run. (Must be able to swim in deep water out and back.)
* The use of flotation devices are not allowed.
* In the event that the triathlon must be cancelled due to inclement weather, we are sorry to announce that refunds will not be granted.
The transition area is where you make the "transition" from the swim to the bike and from the bike to the run. This is where you will keep your gear for the changeover between sports.
One parent will be allowed in the transition area to help their child set up. The parent must stay by the child's transition spot. Once the race begins, no one will not be allowed into the transition area.
Space is limited inside the transition area. Please use as little space as is necessary when setting up your things. Volunteers reserve the right to move athlete gear in order to clear areas for other athletes.
Kids, after your swim, you will enter the transition area and go to your spot, put your shoes on, buckle your helmet, and walk/run your bike to the other end (bike exit) of transition area. No riding your bicycles in the transition area. There will be a bike mount/dismount line where you can get on your bike. When you finish the bike course, you will get off your bike at this line and walk/run your bike back to your spot. Remove your helmet and run out the other end.
Please come prepared with your bike in good working condition, as the mechanic's time will be limited to very minor repairs.
As is the case with all of our volunteers, please treat them with kindness. These good people are giving their time to make sure everyone has a safe and fun time. Thanks so much and let us know if there is anything we can do to improve our race.
1. Helmets are mandatory. Swim caps are optional. Wear shoes for biking safety and on the run.
2. One parent can assist a child in the transition area. No other family members should be in the transition area.
3. Only Kids' Triathlon equipment is allowed in the transition area such as bikes, shoes, clothing, helmets, water bottles, etc.
4. No pets are allowed in the transition area.
5. For safety reasons, please stay out of and do not take equipment out of the transition area until the Kids' Triathlon is over.
6. For the safety and self-esteem of your child please do not force your child to compete in or finish the race.
7. Parents.....Please allow your child to do the race!
8. Awards will immediately follow the race. Results will be posted on our web site by Monday, following the race.
9. Transition area will be closed except to parents, 1 adult per child, 10 minutes prior to the start of the event at 6:00 p.m.
10. Children must wear their timing chip throughout the race. hand it to a Race Official after crossing the finish line to receive a time. You be charged $25 if you do not return the timing chip.
11. You must walk or run in the transition area - no riding until the mount line.
12. You must have your race number pinned on and visible.
13. Do not follow the biker in front of you too closely.
14. Ride your bike as far to the right side of the lane as possible. Pass only on the left and then immediately return to the right. Let the faster riders pass.
15. Rack your bike and respect your fellow competitor's equipment.
16. Follow the directions of the Race Officials and Marshals without question.